We see companies using custom questions for a variety of reasons, from industry wide regulatory concerns to using them to filter out candidates that might not meet the level of experience or expertise needed thus cutting down on the glut of applications.
Many of the questions range from ‘Do you have at least X years experience?’, ‘Do you have a work visa?’ or even Terms and Conditions.
HireHive comes with a default application questions built in that is shown on the careers site and jobs widget. It is simple and has all the basic inputs you need, name, email, upload CV/resume etc, but it might be missing key questions you need.
- To create additional application questions go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Application Questions’.
- Click ‘Create Questions’.
- Name your group of questions descriptively so there is no confusion over what questions it contains.
- Title of question. This will be shown to the candidate. Next choose your question types. Select if the question is required or optional.
- ‘Save’ question and continue adding more questions. Remember, keep questions to a minimum if possible. When you are satisfied, press ‘Save’.
You can start using your custom form when adding or editing a job. Go to ‘Questions’ – the fourth step on the Add job page and tick the question form you need.
You can also use these custom application forms to disqualify candidates. If you require a certain answer from a candidate in order for them to be deemed suitable for the role you can set up ‘auto-tagging’. This will create a tag for the candidate if the candidate answers a question in a certain way.
For example if the question is ‘Are you eligible to work in the EU’? The candidate answers ‘No’ You can set up a ‘Needs visa’ tag for this candidate.
Tags will appear next to all questions you create.